Is your bathroom outdated? Maybe you have been wanting to give it a new look for a long time, and that time has arrived. Do you already have a plan for your bathroom remodeling project? If not, keep reading for some ideas that might help you to design a bathroom you will enjoy for a long time.
Use Other Rooms In Your House For Inspiration
If you are happy with the way you've decorated the rest of your house, consider getting ideas from the other rooms.
- For instance, if granite or marble has worked really well in your kitchen, then consider using granite for your bathroom countertops, too.
- If you want to establish an elegant look in your master bathroom, you might get some ideas from your living room and dining room.
- For instance, if there is a crystal chandelier in your living room that makes you happy just to look at it, why not put a similar one in your bathroom?
- Maybe your entryway has large mirrors that are placed in heavy gold frames that would give your master bathroom an elegant look.
Get ideas From House Museums In Your Area
Think of taking several field trips to study the architecture and decor in historic homes that are open to the public.
- Perhaps you'll see a clawfoot tub in some of the historic mansions. You can get a reproduction clawfoot tub for your bathroom, too. Or, you might be lucky enough to find an antique one that can be plumbed for modern-day use.
- Do you like the look of antique hand-painted bowls that were used as washbasins in the olden days? You could capture that same look with the addition of state-of-the-art faucets.
- A stained glass window that you admired in a historic house could be your inspiration for one of the windows in your bathroom. Or, go with elegant beveled glass instead.
- If there will be enough space in your remodeled bathroom, consider having a small formal chair in a strategic part of the bathroom. A small occasional table would be a perfect place to keep lotions and extra fingertip towels.
Once you have decided on specific things you want to include in your bathroom remodeling, meet with a contractor that will help you to make your dreams come true. Be ready for him or for her to add ideas of his or her own. For instance, the contractor might suggest that you have a separate shower and bathtub and that you install a glass door for the shower.